A site documenting my exploring of the San Diego (and wider) area places for wings.
I started this to force myself to re-learn web design and structure using CSS and a layout framework (Materialize).
I've always loved taking picutres, from the early days of digital I have owned many cameras. My current (Sony A7R2) is awesome, I just wish I had the talent to go with it.
I continue to try
Click to visit my Flickr page.
For the longest time I had nothing but a basic welcome page, now I have the first attempts at a logo design...
The tools I use
- Brackets text editor for my web development, I do it all by hand (no GUI tools here)
- materializecss.com for their web framework, I use this in many of my site designs. A perfect tool set to learn good web site design.
- fontawesome.io offers an awesome set of icons for your enjoyment. As of writing this (April 2017, they are offering discounts to their new pro version).
- tinyjpg.com to compress my images, quick and easy way to improve the performance of your websites.
- Google website tester offers some level of indication on how well your site works. I think it's far too agressive, but a good guide.
- coolors.co helps me pick color palettes, even with my limited abilities on the artistic front
- Google Fonts gives me the flexibility to pick a more pleasing font for my sites, I like Roboto, Raleway and a spattering of Titillium Web (used here)
- Sony A7R Mk2 is a fantastic full-frame camera that has helped me up my game a little. I especially love the pictures taken at night in Moab, UT in 2015 (see here )
- Sony RX100 Mk4 is my small hand-held camera, offering some pretty good shots for such a small device.